Perpetual / Lifetime / Non-expiring
Electronic by email. DVD media kit by courier.
24 hrs on weekday
3D Modeling Software
and Product Design
The new form•Z 8.6 boasts incredible new features such as subdivision surface modeling, advanced real-time shading, and more!
Bonzai3d is now form•Z jr, and form•Z free is free for all!
form•Z 8 introduces subdivision modeling as a new personality to form•Z’s diverse modeling capabilities. Subdivision modeling is a method for creating unique organic forms. These organic models start from a simple base cage that can be dynamically manipulated and reformed with a new suite of tools that provide operations like grow, stretch, bridge, squeeze and offset. Subdivision models are parametric allowing for continued manipulation as well as dynamic control of the surface resolution.
The subdivision tools are also useful for quickly smoothing or softening a facetted model. Subdivision objects can be converted to NURBS for additional manipulation and evaluation using form•Z’s extensive NURBS tools. Subdivision objects work great with 3D printing as they produce regular meshes that tend to give excellent results with popular 3D printers. Useful for tensile structures, organic surfaces ranging from exotic roofs to character meshes, these new tools make form•Z more versatile than ever before!
The new Round to Holdline tool generates a round between two (or more) faces of an object. The object can be a surface or a solid object. The round is defined with a holdline curve that lies on the surface. The variable radius of the round along the edge will be determined by the holdline, see example below.
form•Z 8 Jr introduces subdivision modeling as a new personality to form•Z‘s diverse modeling capabilities. Subdivision modeling is a method for creating unique organic forms. These organic models start from a simple base cage that can be dynamically manipulated and reformed with a new suite of tools that provide operations like grow. Subdivision models are parametric allowing for continued
manipulation as well as dynamic control of the surface resolution.
The subdivision tools are also useful for quickly smoothing or softening a facetted model. Subdivision objects can be converted to NURBS for additional manipulation and evaluation using form•Z’s extensive NURBS tools. Subdivision objects work great with 3D printing as they produce regular meshes that tend to give excellent results with popular 3D printers. Useful for tensile structures, organic surfaces ranging from exotic roofs to character meshes, these new tools make form•Z more versatile than ever before
form·Z Student & Faculty Edition
Students and faculty at universities and high schools are eligible for Student Edition of form·Z. This provides a full featured 12-month license free of charge.
The RenderZone rendering plugin is included with the student edition. Once you submit the form, you will immediately download form·Z Student Edition and start using it right away.
Within the next 30 days you must register the software. You will receive an email with your personalized license and registration code. The registration codes are processed during regular business hours so depending on when you submit your request, it may be a few days before the license is sent.
The form·Z Student Edition includes self guided tutorials which are a great way to get started learning with form•Z (you can access these from the form·Z getting started screen.) Numerous self-paced video tutorials are available here and are streamed within the application. You can access the on-line form·Z User’s Manual here or within the application itself.
This software license is available free to students and faculty at universities and high schools only. Proof of academic qualifications may be requested via email at any time during the license period. Failure to provide proof of valid qualification documents will result in the cancellation of the license.
If you need technical assistance please contact Neosia.
- Powerful hybrid rendering – You can render on NVIDIA CUDA GPUs, CPUs — or a combination of both.
- Material library – over 550 realistic physical based materials, such as glass, coated plastics or metals, wood,stone and etc.
- V-Ray Grass and fur – Realistic grass, fabrics and carpet now possible with V-Ray Fur.
- Denoiser – With V-Ray’s new denoising technology, you can automatically eliminate noise and cut render times by up to 50%!
- Aerial perspective – Add realistic atmosphere and depth to your renders with V-Ray’s new Aerial perspective controls.
- Virtual Reality – Verify designs at 1:1 scale in popular VR headsets like Google Cardboard and Samsung Gear VR.
- Cutaways with Clipper – Render sections and cutaways with ease using the V-Ray Clipper.
- Powerful light calculations – the V-Ray Adaptive Lights algorithm will speed renders up to seven times faster on some scenes.
- V-Ray Frame Buffer – Fine-tune your render’s color, exposure, and more directly in V-Ray’s frame buffer.
Cubic and spherical environment mapping, bumps, backgrounds that include alpha channel support, depth effects, and post processing effects can be applied. Blur is an example of a post processing effect that simulates focusing your camera to a particular area of your modeling scene. Sky backgrounds that are procedurally generated come close to real skies that you may have captured with your camera.
State of the art shaders are used to render surfaces and other effects. A Material is defined by up to four layers of shaders, which produce color, reflections, transparency, and bump effects. Patterns in shaders can be pre-captured images or can be produced by a procedure. Transparencies, reflections, and refractions can be applied at the z-buffer and raytrace levels. The reflections and refractions are always correctly raytraced, even when they are produced by the z-buffer rendering. This is achieved by applying a mixed rendering method, where surfaces with no reflections are rendered using z-buffer and the rendering effects of reflective surfaces are produced using raytracing.
Raytraced renderings can be accelerated by the use of multiple processors.
Also available is a sketch rendering mode that produces non photorealistic images, which appear as if they were drawn by manual rendering techniques, such as oil painting, water color, or pencil hatches.
This app is a great tool for sharing your designs with colleagues and clients. form•Z mobile viewer opens native form•Z files from form•Z pro, form•Z jr, form•Z free and form•Z Student Edition (v7.0 or later) and displays them in real time interactive interface. You can recall saved views and scenes to quickly show your project from various vantage points and design alternatives. The form•Z interactive clipping planes create real time sections to reveal the interior spaces of your design. The measure tool displays accurate distances within the model. The app also includes control for layers and lights.
form•Z mobile viewer requires iOS 9.3 and one of the following:
- iPad: Pro (12.9-inch), Pro (9.7-inch), Air, Air 2, mini 2, mini 3, mini 4.
- iPhone: 5s, 5se, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus.
- iPod: touch (6th gen).
Minimum: 1 GB
Recommended: 4 GB+
* Note that complex models or large texture maps may require additional memory.
Macintosh OS X:
Macintosh computer with Intel processor.
OS X 10.9.2 or later.
• Note that the latest updates are recommended.
• NOTE: El Capitan (OS X 10.11) or newer requires form·Z v22.214.171.124 or newer.
• NOTE: Sierra (Mac OS 10.12) requires form·Z v8.5.6 or newer.
Hard Disk Space:
Minimum: 2 GB
Recommended: 5 GB+
* Note that complex models or large texture maps may require additional hard disk space.
Required for product activation, software updates and access to on line manuals and tutorial videos.
Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10
* Note that the latest service packs are recommended.
See Microsoft’s web site for available service packs.
A video card that supports OpenGL version 3.2 or later is required. For best results, a video card with a minimum benchmark score of ~1500 is recommended, and for larger files, ~3500 or better is preferred. See this link for details: Video Card Benchmarks
The form•Z interactive display modes have been completely rewritten to take advantage of modern OpenGL capabilities. This is most noticeable in Shaded Full display mode with new real-time ambient occlusion, bump mapping, soft shadows and multi samplingfeatures. These improvements aid in real-time visualization and design evaluation as they yield better depth perception and spatial definition. The image to the right illustrates the effect of these new features.
form•Z for OS X is now a native 64-bit application making it possible to work with projects that need over 4GB of memory. 32 and 64 bit versions continue to be supported for Windows.
Sketchfab.com is a website that allows you to share your 3D models so others can view and navigate around the model in real time. You can publish your models through Sketchfab.com, or you can embed them into your own web pages. There is a new Sketchfab upload option in the Extensions menu that allows for uploads to Sketchfab directly from form•Z.
Improvement in form.Z 8.6
- Product updated to use ACIS 2018.
- STEP file translator improved (better support specially on OS X).
- SKP file translator updated. Now supports skp 2016 and 2017 files.
- SAT file translator updated. Now supports 2018 files.
- DWG/DXF file translator updated. Now supports 2018 files.
- FBX file translator updated. Now supports 2018 files.
- FMZ files saved with versions prior to v6 can now be opened directly.
- Performance on Mac Pro models using ATI graphics cards has been improved.
- 3DS export now handles objects with more than 65535 faces or 65535 points efficiently.
- Deleteing layer groups from the layers palette now works properly.
- Hatches now work properly on shapes with co-linear points.
- Zoom Options “Zoom Frame By Center” and “Zoom Frame By Corners” restored for the Zoom Frame tool.
- Materials palette context menu now has an option to select All Objects/Faces that are assigned a the selected material .
- Transform options now work properly.
- Clone options restored to the Transform and Replace tools. Unclone tool restored.
- 3DS export no longer fails when an object contains a degenerate 2 sided face.
- The context menu invoked by right-clicking on objects now has options to Select Clone Families, and make the object’s Material, Layer, Line weight or Line style active.
- Undo/Redo now work properly on OS X 10.13 (High Sierra).
- Auto Save by time interval now works properly.
- SketchUp Materials now import properly.
- SketchUp 2017,2018 Now supported.
- Export DWG/DXF speed improved.
- Import KMZ files now works properly.
- The Reduce tool no longer stops when encountering an object that can not be reduced (when multiple objects are selected).
- Landform tool now works properly with grouped contour lines (keep same height).
- Dimensions and text import properly from DXF/DWG files.
- Certain 3DS files now open properly.
- Text imports properly from DXF files.
- Tool names no longer be truncated on certain OS X systems.
- UI elements are now sized properly on OS X.
- Section tool now works in Wireframe.
- Importing certain 3DS files no longer crash.
- Numerous stability and performance improvements.
- Enable Advanced OpenGL has been added to the OpenGL preferences (Edit->Preferences->OpenGL). This new option will enable the latest version of OpenGL available on your system. For most systems this will increase performance of the shaded and wireframe displays, however this option is not compatible with all graphics cards and drivers so it is off by default. On Mac OS, this option is only available for v10.10 or later.
- Copy and paste of objects with materials assigned to faces now works as expected.
- Repeat and continuous copy modes no longer display some objects in wireframe.
- Copy/paste then undo/redo components now work properly.
- Redo on any operation involving a component now maintains components properly.
- Support for Windows 10 improved.
- Components with materials assign to faces now work properly.
- Clicking in the materials palette when using the large icon option now works properly when the palette is tall and narrow.
- Undo files are more size efficient and less likely to become full and leave undo command dimmed.
- Palettes positioned at the edge of the screen are no longer clamped to the screen edge when form•Z is restarted.
- Dimensions and Notes now print at higher resolution.
- The display resolution is now maintained when two wire objects are joined.
- Changes to the animation options or tracks now refresh the shaded preview properly.
- A warning is now issued if the scratch disk location (preferences->scratch Disk->custom) is not accessible
- Restoring 2-point perspective views in the view palette now works properly.
- In certain project files, renaming of materials now works.
- On Mac OS 10.13, the palettes no longer become semi-transparent and immobile when dragged from the palette dock on certain systems.
- Numerous stability and performance improvements.
- The Layout Title block section of the Project Settings now works properly.
- Performance of User Interfaces improved. Most noticeable in palettes and dialogs that have a significant number of interface elements like the Material Parameters palette and the Light Parameters dialog.
- Palettes that are closed in the Palette Dock now reopen properly when selected from the Palettes menu.
- Clicking in the open space of the Materials palette now creates a new material (when the “Clicking in the Empty Space Creates New…” preference is enabled.)
- Area picking Components or groups with the pick crossing option(s) selected now works properly.
- Certain SketchUp Files now open properly.
- Lightwave export now works properly on OS X.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
- Large STEP files now open properly on OS X.
- Selecting “Group/Component Complete” while editing a group or component no longer crashes on certain systems.
- Performance of switching between graphic windows has been improved.
- Performance of switching between form•Z and other applications has been improved.
- Image files used as textures are now updated in the graphics window and material parameters when the texture is externally edited while the form•Z project is opened.
- Auto save is no longer initiated immediately when a file is opened or a new file is created.
- Animation using RenderZone on scenes where the camera (view) do not change no work properly.
- The mouse scroll wheel no works properly on certain Windows versions.
- Group override materials are now copied properly between projects with “Copy & Paste”.
- Components that contain layers with override materials or groups with override materials now work properly.
- Printing with extents selected now properly fits the page for non-perspective views.
- Printing Notes and dimensions is more accurate.
- Picking/pre-picking certain geometry no longer crashes.
- A new option “Remove Duplicate Materials” has been added to the materials palette context menu. This will remove materials with identical parameters (except name). All objects/faces that reference the duplicate material will use the remaining material.
- Selecting “Purge Unused Materials” from the materials palette context menu no longer removes materials used in Group overrides.
- Snapping/picking of arcs or objects with circular/elliptical edges much faster. (Most noticeable in files with a significant number of these shapes, specially ellipses.)
- Texture image files that are 65K in size now properly work with distributed rendering.
- Subdivision objects now inherit face colors from the original mesh/cage.
- Collada (DAE) import now loads the materials and UV’s properly.
- Notes now import from DXF/DWG files with the proper placement.
- Other various optimizations and stability improvements.
Download 30 days Trial
form.Z Live Demo for Company
Rp 135.000 – Rp 13.900.000
form•Z is a powerful 3D design application featuring a variety of modeling personalities and tools with an easy to use interface to express and communicate your imagination. It is based on advanced 3D solid and surface modeling methods that maintain accurate representations as you progress from design to visualization, layout, animation and fabrication.
New License included 4 months free upgrade, maintenance and support